Case Simulation project assignments may be completed individually by your students or in a team environment. In the team environment, only one team member per team will be able to login and access the project file at a time. The idea is for students to work together and communicate on one computer. By default, the projects are setup to be completed individually. To switch a project to team based format, follow the instructions below:
NOTE: This feature MUST be enabled prior to any student accessing the project assignment file. Once a student access the project assignment you will not be able to enable teams.
1. Log into your instructor account.
2. From the "Your Courses" page, select the link for the course that you wish to configure.
3. Select the Change Course Settings link on the Course Details page.
4. Next select the Change Order, Include or Exclude Modules & Enable Teams option.
5. Place a checkmark in the Enable Teams box, for the project that you wish to make team based.
6. Click the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the menu to save your changes.
Once you have enabled a project to team based, you then need to organize your students into teams. To do this please follow the instructions below:
1. To organize your students into teams, locate the lesson in which you have enabled teams in the main course
view page and click on the blue team icon.
The Assign Teams screen will appear. You have the option to manually assign students to teams or to have the system randomly assign students to a team. Both methods are explained below.
Manually Assign Students to Teams:
1. Click on a student's name and drag that student onto a team.
2. When you add the first team member to a team, you will be prompted to enter a name for the team
3. Once all students have been assigned to teams click the Save Teams button.
Auto Assign Students to Teams:
1. To have the system auto assign teams, click the Auto-Assign to Teams button.
2. You will then be prompted to enter the number of student per team. To change the number of students
assigned to a team, click the up or down arrows. The maximum number of students per team is three (3). Click the Make Teams button to auto-assign students to teams.
3. Click the Save Teams button to Save your teams.