If a student cannot remember the password to their Knowledge Matters account, they should use the Forgot Password link on the sign in page to reset their password. If a student has already attempted to reset their password by this means, but they are still having difficulty logging in or for some reason did not receive the reset password email, you may manually reset the password for the student.
To reset a student's password, follow the instructions below:
1. Log into your instructor account.
2. From the "Your Courses" page, select the link for the course that the student is currently enrolled in.
3. Click the View Gradebook button.
4. Then, click on the student's name.
This will open the Student Operations page.
5. Next, click on the accordion option Reset student's password.
6. Click on the link that appears to reset the student's password. (Fig. 5)
You will be prompted to confirm this action.
7. The system will display that the student's password has been reset, and what is has been reset to.
You will need to provide this to the student.
Note: The password has been intentionally blurred in the figure below for security purposes.