If a student has forgotten the password to their Knowledge Matters account, they can use the Forgot Password link on the sign in page to receive an email that will allow them to reset their password. Alternatively, you as the instructor can manually reset their password.
Note: If when registering for your course, the student selected the option to have a system generated ID created for them, then the Forgot Password link on the sign in page will not work and you will have to manually reset the password for the student.
Below are the instructions to reset a student's password.
1. Log into your instructor account.
2. From the "Your Courses" page, select the link for the course that the student is currently enrolled in.
3. Click the View Student Progress button.
4. Then, click on the student's name.
This will open the Student Operations page.
5. Next, click on the accordion option Reset student's password.
6. Click on the link that appears to reset the student's password.
You will be prompted to confirm this action.
7. The system will display that the student's password has been reset, and what is has been reset to.
You will need to provide this to the student.
Note: The password has been intentionally blurred in the figure below for security purposes.