The Enable/Disable Optional Reading and Quizzes option allows you to configure what activities your students will be required to complete as part of each lesson. By default, each Virtual Business Essentials lesson consists of reading material, a reading and math quiz, and a simulation.
These are normally configured before a course begins, but can be changed after a course has started, and changes made here will apply to all lessons. If an activity is removed after a course has started, any work that the students have done in that activity up to that point will not be deleted, but it will no longer be used in grade calculations on the Student Progress page.
Note: You also have a ability to assign a Pre-Test. The Pre-Test will be given once as the first activity in the course, and is comprised of questions that the students will see as part of the quizzes within the lessons. The work that the students do in the quizzes through out the lessons will serve as the Post-Test and the improvement between the pre and post tests will show in the Student Progress area.
To configure what activities students will be required to complete, please follow the directions below:
1. Log into you instructor account.
2. From the "Your Courses" page, select the link for the course that you wish to configure.
3. Select the Change Course Settings link on the Course Details page.
4. Next select the Enable/Disable Optional Reading and Quizzes accordion option.
5. Select which components you would like to have included in your course by placing a check mark in the box
next to each activity. To exclude an activity simply uncheck the box next to that activity.
6. Once completed, click the Submit button to save your changes.